Thursday, April 7, 2005

The world slows down

As I have eluded to in earlier posts, my two year old, Mighty Mo, has a low immune system along with terrible allergies and asthma. The last two he got from Mistress Carol genetically as she was a 'girl-in-a-bubble' for several years at a childrens hospital before she dragged herself into an indoor pool and became PAC10 swim goddess. A story in and of itself. Well the marvels of medical science help the A & A quite a bit.

Back to Mighty Mo. If he gets anywhere near a sick kid, like say at church daycare, he can turn really quick. (side note: how Christian is it to bring a kid with green coming out of the nose and raspy cough to church daycare?) Well a small cough at 0700 yesterday turned into a four puke per hour for four hour couch fest with Mistress Carol by 10 a.m..

I was told I was releashed to train as long as I wanted, what good am I at home, but all I had was swim trunks. Got in a good swim workout (my ass still sinks though) and a little extra business before coming home for the couch hand off.

A tricky up and down night left me with nothing in the tank this morning. But I am bringing Black Bart to work and will get in some riding with the highlight being a stop at the Athletes Village for the Arizona Ironman here in a couple days. Will bring the camera for fun.

Come back this afternoon for a BONUS POST with photos from a really exciting location.

4 comments:

Flatman said...

Can't wait for the report and photos. I need a preview of the area I will be checking into in about two years :)

White Salamander said...

Sorry to hear the little one is sick. Hope he get's better soon. I am also planning on heading down to event area and snapping some photos and hopefully gain some athletetic ability via osmosis.

Flabbyironman said...

I'm anxious to see the swim course after looking at it via Google Maps during my daily lunch procrastination. It's so daunting to see the buoys and realize you're going to be swimming it.

Oh, if it's anything like Ironman Wisconsin, they don't check who's going out to swim the course during practice time... you and Rett should both go out and swim a little bit of the course.

Wil said...

I can relate with the sick kids thing, it's so hard, but as he grows his immune system will get stronger. Hang in there!