Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Pyrrhic Victory?

Well the negotiations continue but I have overcome two big hurdles.

First, I have received unconditional support for up to 25 hours per week of training, with no more than 10 hours occurring on consecutive Saturdays and Sundays. I also must abide by our current agreement on pick ups and drop offs with my son. Also, as per her request, I must sleep in two times per week so we wake up together.

Second, household responsibilities and family obligations. Mistress will prepare a list of 'You-Will-Do's" on a daily basis. (There is no HoneyDo's in this Casa) I will have until 9:00pm the following night to complete the list or I will receive a two hour training penalty on the up coming weekend.

The money allotment is a very dicey thing right now. Believe me she is a master debater and she is cleaning my clock right now. I am on the ropes. I think that I can pull through with some well played hands but I think this is going to end up as a performance bonus program. Meaning if my commitment to my training program meets the minimum level of my goals than money is allocated for gear. Boy she knows me well.

So only a few more days and all will be well. There is one little thing though, that is that I haven't told Mistress the races I want to do. All this negotiation is done blind on her part. What we are agreeing to in terms of give and take has nothing to do with the actual events. If we focus on the actual races that detracts from the really important issues, time, money, family, commitment. If we can focus on the top 20% of the things that matter then the race schedule will take care of itself or be resolved in dialogue.

2 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

25 hours per week!? That's HUGE! That's a half-time job PLUS! I think if you save up some time on the taper before big events, you've got everything covered! Life is good! Get well soon and start that big training schedule!! :)

Vertical Man said...

I hope the tri-wife never reads this post! Negotiations? 'You-Will-Do' lists? Bah!