Monday, April 25, 2005

Minor Setback

I uncharactisticly slept in late yesterday, along with a pathetic cough, cotton mouth and a feeling of lethargy was enough for Mistress to force my hand and go see a doctor. Luckily my medical center is a seven day a week place. I guess I really didn't mind going as this thing has hung around for its third week now and I don't feel any closer to resuming a full workout schedule.

My doctor told me I have walking pneumonia and prescribed the usual antibiotics and robotusin with codeine for at night, plus an Albuterol inhaler to clear out my lungs. Said I could start working out when I feel like it, though I probably won't feel like it for about a week.

So this puts endurance training in a hover pattern for a few days at least. Till then I will just fix my back with a couple more trips to the chiropractor and do some light circuit training with corrective stretches. Maybe some easy pedaling on a lifecycle.

Wish the rest of you a great training week and I will be reading all your blogs for the latest and greatest on your performance. In the meantime I will try to find some interesting topics to keep you all entertained until I can report back on a successful swim, bike or run workout.

4 comments:

Wil said...

Yikes! Take care of yourself, take it easy so you can recover quickly :)

White Salamander said...

Man that doesn't sound like much fun. This walking pneumonia is probably a direct result from swallowing way to much chlorinated water whilst learning to swim under Mistress Carol's harsh and brutal tutalige.

Get well soon

Comm's said...

Wow, thanks nancy!

Nancy Toby said...

Sounds like an easy hot tub or sauna session might be in order for you! OK, we'll have to pick up the slack somehow... I'll run an extra mile for you tomorrow, okay??