Sunday, April 3, 2005

Down side of Up energy

I would like to believe I am catching up on my rest over the weekend. However all the gains from SaturDAY are lost on Saturday NIGHT. I tiredly went to bed at 10 pm to be awakened at 12:30 am and unable to go back to sleep. So it has been the last four hours catching up on the last three months of my check register. Can there be any more pathetic thing to do?

I consider myself a decent athlete and when an athlete has time off it should be to rest, but I and many others, I am not in this alone, end up with sleepless nights from energy that was not burned off through daily activity.

Everyone enjoy Sunday, a day of rest.

3 comments:

Wil said...

See, you just need to have a wild party the night before your rest day, and then you'll be set.

Vertical Man said...

I think it's referred to as "active recovery." Sounds better than "laying around!"

Comm's said...

"Active Recovery", love that term.