Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Sweet Release To Common Man Syndrome

Well it don't get much better than yesterday for a relapse of CMS and I didn't mind one bit. I woke up with a sore throat and scratchy voice. Now the Mighty Mo has been coughing and sneezing on me for a week but its all allegeries and asthma, so I am not thinking to much about it, I am pretty healthy after all. Cold-Eeze helps, I swear this stuff is the best I have ever used and I have got a half dozen others convinced as well.

But still, I didn't work out. I was dragging most of the day in a general malaze though because I have some weighty issues on the mind. However the complete submission to CMS came with the evening when Mistress Carol and I met two friends for the Jimmy Buffet concert. Yes Parrotheads rejoice, Jimmy was in town and the concert was great. I am not the biggest fan but Mistress is and so was Fitness Babe who met us there with her husband Super-Brain.

Oh yes there was the congested drive and I saw many car's decorated Parrothead style. We were a bit late for the tailgating but walked around for 15 minutes befor going in. There were the 40 year old fat men in coconut bras and hula skirts. There were mothers, wifes and girlfriends wearing ugly Hawaiian shirts and parrothead hats. Yes there was much margarita's consumed and hamburgers eaten (though not by me, the drink is to sugary and its a Tuesday for petes sake I have to workout today ya know), I stuck to water. For the record I wore cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt Mistress is embarrassed to been seen with me in-of course every male loves it. It was a long night but worth it.

It was a welcome release but glad to be back on track today.

3 comments:

Flatman said...

A rest day everynow and then does you good. Do margaritas have the same effect? Glad you had fun, now back to the training...

White Salamander said...

Man, flatman is really cracking the whip these days. You should see the way he threatens me over at my blog!

Heh, concert sounded like a blast, I picked up some footage of it on the news. Good job avoiding the margarita's!

Wil said...

Hey - you need a day (a week!!) like that now and then. I can't wait for concert season around here!