Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Clarification of Lubricants, Come On Now!

To clarify my illustration from my post the other day, I do not use vaseline as a lubricant on body parts. I use Two Tom's Blister Shield. It is a roll-on stick that is super super slick. I also use body glide but only for home based exercises, again as a wax base it will not last long in a hot car.

The point of that part of the story is that in Arizona there is a trial and error adjustment to training. It is so hot here that if it can melt it will melt, if it could melt it will melt. For example, I love Power Bars but they 'melt' and we all know what that means, so I have switched to oat based bars to carry in the ol' bag.

Using lip Vaseline on chaffed body parts is just gross but sometimes endurance athletes have to do gross things to accomplish their goals.

Like my Uncle Murphy always says, "If its stupid and it works, its not stupid."

2 comments:

Oldman said...

I thot it was only Florida that Powerbars don't work...it gets hot and they melt. whatss with that? I've had to switch to Clif bars.

Wil said...

I like the Myoplex Lite Rice bars -sounds gross, but they don't melt as badly!