Thursday, April 28, 2005

A little poll- Please Respond

I have had the pleasure, if you would call it that, of not having to worry about food intake the last week or so. When I am sick, I deny myself nothing, why worry about food when I can't taste it and my eating schedule is screwed up anyway?

So I thought to myself, when I am healthy: what is the most common healthy lunch I eat and what is the most common cheat lunch I eat. So here is what I discovered..

HEALTHY: teriyaki bowl with brown rice, white chicken meat and broccoli.
CHEAT: #4 Taco Bell Combo Meal-Mexican pizza with two taco supremes and maybe another taco.

So please answer with these caveats~
1) Only lunches because dinners are a whole other deal.
2) If either meal is homemade that's fine.
3) These answers should be what you are actually eating on a regular basis not what your ideal meal would be if you could have it.

5 comments:

Flatman said...

Good Boy Eats: Lean turkey on whole wheat, raw carrots and yogurt.

Bad Boy Eats: Beef chimichanga, rice, beans and two baskets of chips with salsa at the tex-mex across the street from my office.

soccerdad said...

i eat one of two lunches each business day. i do the good one 4 of the 5 days on average.

good lunch: Subway 6" Club or Chicken Terayaki (no cheese or mayo) with Lite Lays chips.
bad lunch: chinese buffet. i LOVE the buffet. unfortunately for me, i have to pass the buffet to get to Subway, so i always have to talk myself out of it! MOST of the time i'm successful.

Jack Jenkins said...

Oh, man, can I relate! I'm a 63 year old endurance mountain bike racer and nutrition is 60% of the battle!

Keep up the good battle.

I missed coming down to your area for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo race this winter... good thing, I guess; they about got washed away.

Life is good... runnin' peddlin' swimmin'. I do only one of the three, but I love it.

Nancy Toby said...

I'm at home with my girls most days. Good lunches (10%) are some form of salad or a bowl of soup and some fruit. Bad lunches (90%) are usually bagels and pastrami with tons of cheese melted under the broiler. Lunch is usually my biggest meal of the day - lately I'm trying to just have a BIG salad at dinner. But dinners are a whole other deal, indeed!

Wil said...

Hmmm, most good lunches are close to Flatman's - turkey sandwich, a veggie (usually a tomato) and a piece of fruit.

Bad lunches are NO lunches - then everything goes to hell in the p.m.