Friday, April 8, 2005

The Smell of success

Had lunch at the Centerpoint Center, which is one of the main vendor/food sponsor areas for the AZ Ironman. Lots of triathletes walking about and enjoying the afternoon, having a sensible bite here or there.

Looking at all the bikes being brought to check-in was making me salivate. I was pointing out to co-workers how those Zipp rims are $1200, that Felt bike is set up around $3500. Lots of Cervelo's, a few Treks and Giants, even two SoftRide Tri bikes. Mostly Cervelos. We drove the bridge above the Transition area and it was a sea of bikes below.

Tomorrow is going to be great spectating.

2 comments:

Flatman said...

What no pics...? :p

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for posting the great reports and photos! I sure wish I could be spectating along with you, but this is the next best thing!! :) Hey, I just bought a wonderful Felt S25 and it was only half that much!! I love her!