Thursday, April 21, 2005

Waiting for a notary...

Well all the talk between Mistress and I is coming to a close. We have discussed money, we have discussed time, we have discussed responsibilities, we have each pleaded our cases before each other and have hammered out an iron clad agreement about my training plan for the upcoming year (or more, wink wink).

Now that she has me nailed against the wall do I have to the fortitude to back it up? I think yes but today have my doubts. I have over analyzed my positions, I have dared to assess failure as an option, I have laid my pysche bare and prostrated before my spouse as well as capitalized on her weaknesses. All for what? The pain, suffering and sacrifice of testing my human endurance. Of 3:30 a.m. workouts, of bricks, of sacrificing afternoons on the couch for hours on a ride, of driving myself crazy with numbers, numbers, numbers.

I have been really sick the last week and have not trained one iota. My eating habits, when hungry for those few precious seconds a day, have consisted of a diet to make any sufferer of Common Man Syndrome proud. I have enjoyed all this extra time with my boy, I have caught up on with Must See TV, who knew CSI was such a good show?

These are the last remaining days of feeling like I am dozing under my favorite blanket. I have become ensconced, in my flu induced CMS, with complacency and laziness. I look forward to long, hard workouts that will transform my body and sharpen my mind, but today part of me is happy to have retreated to someone normal, someone comfortable with using illness as an excuse to not exercise.

But change nevertheless is in the air, and the inevitable return to physical vitality and sweet bliss of a structured and regular menu will renew my spirit and my heart will be healed. The beast within will be releashed, The Zone will be tapped and incredible energies will propel my business, my body and my relationship with my wife and son to a whole nother level.

Sieze the Day, and throttle it- Calvin and Hobbes

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery! Outstanding usage of the word "nother", too. ;)

Flatman said...

Man, you are going to be so unstoppable when you finally get back. With all of the family support, moral support and financial backing that you need; WOW! Congratulations, I guess groveling does work...

Comm's said...

...more than you will ever know. There is an old saying, "Its easy to ask for forgiveness than permission."

That don't fly in my household, at least when I try it.

Flatman said...

I didn't realize we were both living in the same household...