Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Secret #2 Revieled

A great day is here and new era has been born.

Today my latest secret project has been launched. Several months ago, the Good Doctor (aka Jeff Banas) and I were talking about triathlon and he said, "Hey, lets statrt a tri club together." It was more a statement than question.

From there is was many meetings and thoughts about what we would stand for, how we would be different, oh goodness, what would we call ourselves. I had about 40 thoughts but the Good Doctor nailed it out of the park, AzTriClub.

There are many people to thank for their efforts and I will do so in a greater way (with hyperlinks) once I can get to a proper internet portal but a tremendous thank you to FlabbyIronman for his assistance in basically designing the AzTricClub logo for us. I gave him my ideas based on what I looking for and he ran away with it. He did a dozen different looks and this is the one that we loved the most. Thank you Brian for your awesome aid.

Also I would like to thank John Hyte, who is a founding member of the AzTriClub and who designed our website. John is a detailed IT guy and honestly I couldn't tell you all that he does that qualified him to put up our site, but such is the crutch of genius, most people have no clue what you do. Funny thing is I met John a year ago when we staged next to each other at a triathlon transition area and that was that. Four months later I get invited to a lake swim and there he is. God works in mysterious ways. John is signed up for Ironman Arizona and is also a husband and father of three, the littlest under two years old.

Our team colors are orange and blue. We chose these because they are highly visible on a race course. We are having jerseys created this month.

Go now to AzTriClub and then come back and give me some feedback on the site. Its about 90 percent done, just some odds and ends to continue loading. If you notice anything off or broken links, holler back. And we have a forum now as well. Please become a member of the forum. We will be adding review sections and would love to tap some of you from product writing. Feel free to do your own thing on the forum as well.

Now the hard part is done, AzTriClub is a really unit. The easy part is bringing in new and prospective triathletes and helping them reach their goals of finishing a race.

16 comments:

IMmike said...

Commodore,

That is awesome. I'm sure you will find it to be a really good experience. I havent had a chance to look at the site yet but I think this is a really valuable piece of writing from Rich Strauss (Shelley's coach, I believe).

http://www.cruciblefitness.com/etips/TriGroup1.htm

Also, I think you have my email. I'm in the LA Tri Club, which is one of the biggest and fastest growing clubs in the country. As, I'm getting more involved (e.g. more group rides, becoming involved in social planning) I'm beginning to see more of what makes the club successful. Drop me a line if you want any info and we can talk about it off the blogosphere.

Mike

Steven said...

That is an excellent website for your new club. Kudos to you all on that. And that logo is sweet. Very well done!
Good luck to you on this venture.

stronger said...

Congratulations on the club and great site. I'd pick you for the leader of the pack.

Nancy Toby said...

Looks great! Good for you for putting in the effort on that!

mipper said...

so cool! awesome site. wtg for putting that together with some great guys!

Flatman said...

Awesome! I want to join!!! I'll just have to move I guess...

The Big Cheese said...

Dang it Com, I am so pumped up about this club, however, I am not going to be able to be a part of it...maybe I can be your Kansas correspondent?

Site looks Great. I will dig into it deeper later.

Chris said...

What Flatman said. And during these winter months, moving anyplace SW sounds like it would be lovely.

The site looks great. Those AZ triathletes will be in good hands.

White Salamander said...

Sure wait till I leave why don't ya?

Keryn said...

I love the logo! Very cool! The site looks good. I love that you started a tri club. That takes guts and good connections! You are the man!

Coach Tammy said...

Tag, you're it C-man! See my post today for further instructions... See ya Sunday, SUNday... SUNDAY!! AAaargh!!!!!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Very very cool. Website looks good. Perhaps add a few articles with pictures?

Fumo Santo said...

That’s a great look to the new site. It's now becoming my #1 source for AZ events and training tips!

Funny note: While browsing through the galleries you have posted, under the Iron Girl Tempe event, I noticed a familiar runner. My girlfriend invited her mother and sister from Rockford, IL to come out and participate over a short vacation weekend. They had a great time at the race, and I can see her mother in a couple of the pics you have posted (she's the one with the teal sweatshirt tied around her waist crossing the finish).

Keep up the great work!

soccerdad said...

that looks great. what an exciting thing you're doing. phoenix sounds so nice...

Bridget said...

looks great, I love the logo and the site organization is good. I am trying to get my parents to do a triathlon and my Dad in particular would probably be interested in your group but he is in Tucson. Kind of a haul for training events. I'll tell them to check it out though.

Cliff said...

That's great CMS. You are a great role model for up and coming triathletes.