Sunday, January 15, 2006

Race Update

For all of you madly surfing before 24 starts I thought I would give you a short post and then expound with my race report tomorrow.

Had a really good run. It went much faster than I thought it would and was not disappointed with my time. (I have to leave something for the report now).

I ran into Trimama and TriDaddy just before the start and then we met up after. Go figure I live in this fricken state and the only people I find afterwards that I know live in Minna-so-cold. The other guys ditched me for Hooters. Bastard's.

Yes I heard a world record was reached, it was the talk of the finishing area. I will look more into that tomorrow.

I actually feel kinda beat up. My knee's are pretty tender. I am going to loosen up by doing the weekly grocery shopping at Walmart...aaahhh crap, Mistress just left with my iPod in truck. Thats going to make this trip hurt...Mistress is going to the butcher for some NY Strip steaks (I think, stop pinning me down here, I'm not allowed to cook or BBQ remember)... and Mistress with the coup of the day, got someone to wire the jacuzzi up and warming the water up to nice 104 degrees for me by tonight. Oh yeah baby. Its hot tub time.

9 comments:

Cliff said...

Congrats on your race. Take care of those knees. I have prob with my right knee too.

You gotta take a pic of that hot tub. Sweet...

bunnygirl said...

Congrats on your finish! I can't wait to read the full report!

IMmike said...

Awesome job Com! Can't wait to read the report. Enjoy the Jacuzzi and the steaks!

Bolder said...

def earned some tub and grub!

look forward to da report!!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Congrats! Tell us more (about the race too). :)

Phil said...

Hey Com, congrats on what sounds like it was a great weekend.

soccerdad said...

great job com. that hot tub sounds wonderful. i'm looking forward to the race report.

Chris said...

That sucks. I'd have at least waited for you so we could have both gone to Hooters. :)

Congrats on your race. I can't wait to read the full report!

Ultra Crackhead said...

Congrats on your marathon! I, too, have a sore knee after Goofy. Luckily, Shelley reminded me to use my own medicine. Knee pain (under kneecap?) is from triggers in your VMO muscles. If you don't have this book, BUY IT NOW!!! Gotta have on any IM athlete's list: The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, by Clair Davies. Shows you how to figure out what's wrong, how to work on it yourself, and then if you get massages, you can tell that person what needs to be worked on, too.