Thursday, January 5, 2006

Blah Blah week

Got some good runs in but a blah week overall for training. Have had some pesky computer problems that are down right frustrating me into 12 and 13 hour days. Thank God in some small case to System Restore on computers. But lets move on.

Today is Bible Study, then work on transfering files over to the iPaq that arrived on Thursday and then a three hour meeting starting at noon. I left my gym bag at the office so hopefully I can motivate into an hour run or so afterwards. My runs this week were not long but faster paced. I will try to keep the lid on tight today. If no run then a ride on the trainer for sure.

Saturday is a pool swim and Sunday a 50 miler or 4 hour ride. Not sure if I will do the whole enchillada as I haven't been on the bike since I got sick and even that ride felt strange. Hopefully it was just tired legs or the rear tire rubbing on something after I had to change the tube quickly before the ride.

As you can see from the time, my insomnia is still present though I thought I had licked it by getting solid sleep the last three nights. Still last gasping I suppose. I should have been asleep two hours ago and won't for probably another two.

Stay Strong Everyone.

5 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Sorry you can't sleep. Are you going to do the ride that we did? If so, those hills are going to hurt. Good luck and I hope you find some rest.
Benny

Cliff said...

4 hr is outdoor right? If it is too long. Take it slow. Make sure your ass is sore before your leg is sore.

Computer is always a pain in the butt. Oh your new toy has arrive...SWEET :)

tarheeltri said...

Have you ever tried Sleeptime Tea? They make some with Valerian in it, but that makes me wake up groggy, so I just get the regular kind active ingredient is chamomile, I believe).

When I can't sleep and don't feel like browsing blogs (rarely ever!) I make a cup of Sleepytime tea, lay in bed and try to read a book I've alredy read before and am not that interested in. Works pretty well. Good luck with the sleep.

Also, I read a post of yours a while back which said something about coffee. Are you back on it? I can't have any caffeine after 1 pm, or I won't be able to fall asleep.

Oldman said...

if your just getting over an illness perhaps you should take it easy and jsut fo a light ride of 2 hrs.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Getting over an illness is the pitts.

I don't feel good either and haven't been sick, that I know of. Feel flu-ish but it never turns into anything.

Still planning on the full at RNR AZ though. Yuck.