Monday, January 9, 2006

Click on graph for enlargement

No HRM strap yesterday so only altitude information, which is all I want to discuss anyway. I also started the Polar about 30 minutes into the out and back ride, so the graph looks lopesided and it shouldn't be.

If you'll notice at the backside of the second highpoint, the graph climbs to a short peak and then should, SHOULD, begin a decent parallel to the front side of the first peak. Notice it does not do that.

No, mine because I missed the turn, goes up and up and up. I really need to photograph this last peak since it looked like I was going the opposite way up an Olympic ski jump ramp.

Well thats my graph for the month, just kidding. I will try to get more posted.

10 comments:

Nytro said...

you should check with NAU to see if you can use their pool when you head up there. i bet it would be a small fee to use it. also, i don't know if you're familiar with the area (i'm sure you are), but if it were me, i would contact the cross country coach at NAU, or the director of the high altitude training center there and see where they recommend running. they know all the best places.

i have more information on who to contact if you're interested.

Zed said...

Glad that was the "old" IMAZ course! I'll take 156 turns in April over those hills.

But you gotta admit the downhills were pretty fun...no? Just a little?

Phil said...

Sweet ride. I'm didn't miss the open road until I read this and your last post. I must look on the bright side -- only 100 more days until the snow melts....

Bolder said...

oh yah! that's what i'm talkin' about... nice vertical gain, and killer grades...

booyah!!

Bridget said...

Very impressive. Can you tell me what gadget you use to capture this?

Chris said...

I love geeky graphs like that. I want more!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Oh, my goodness. That looks way more complicated than I'd feel like handling after a workout.... I've never used a HRM. Once in a while I do a 6-second pulse check, but not very often. Folks tell me I'd train more efficiently with a HRM.

Cliff said...

I bet you have a lot of fun from 2:30 till 3:00.

tri-mama said...

Wow, now that's a trainng ride. How long did it take in the Jacuzzi to work that out? Speaking of work out, I might have missed it, but did you decide on the half or the full marathon?

Guernsey Man said...

Nice ride you warm weather brother! Long live hot winter rides.