Sunday, January 29, 2006

No Limits Day 8

Effort, Effort, Effort, good people my RPE (Rate of Precieved Effort) was awesome.

It was a 4,000 yard(2.27 mile) swim workout. I was the only one to finish all sets. After some mentoring on my stroke, it all just clicked. At first it was just a couple of strokes, then a length, then a lap, then two, then 400 yards, then my last 800 yards, everything felt strong. I did not do any times on my laps but based on me leaving my normal competition on the other side of the pool and staying close to the stronger swimmers out there, I would say when I was on, I took 20 seconds of my normal 2 min 100's.

After a longish transition for the run, I stuck to my 5:1 plan and took 15-30 seconds of my overall mile splits. I was running a 8:08-8:28 pace then walking a minute. My HR was in the mid 160's running but my RPE was around 6.0-6.5 outta 10. It was only a 50 minute run according to plan but I could have easily kept going. I was as fresh finishing as when I started. In fact I ran a 3 minute negative split coming back and had to run serpentine through the parking lot to make the full 50.

There is no limit to what you can achieve. I challenge all of you to make a commitment to just 39 days of training with No Limits. Until the end of February what can you do to improve yourself that you know you can do, know you should do, but right now do not do.

4 comments:

Cliff said...

Congrats on the swim CMS. Shaving 20 seconds is a lot of improvement.

Papa Tweet said...

Way to go Com. Sometimes, we just have those days when everything is clicking. Just another product of your hard work and dedication. Don't be fooled, it was not a hoax. That is the level of performance that you are capable of. That is how you will feel in Florida. Way to go bro. Keep it up.
Benny

William said...

Nice workout, esp. the swim. Can't wait till I get up to those distances.

Chris said...

Dude, it's scary what kind of shape you're in right now... and it's only January!