Saturday, January 28, 2006

No Limits Day 7

A late post for Day 7, Friday, which is apropos since my No Limit for the day was also late in coming.

Mistress sorely wants to put FRP (a thin hard plastic sheeting) up around the laundry room to protect the walls from her dog who has chewed himself some nice holes. My outdoor ride was but on the back burner to help her get the materials.

I tried to get in some core work while Mighty Mo watched a movie but he found the most comfortable place to be was on my lap as a was doing crunches on a Swiss ball. So much for that.

At 8:30pm which is getting towards the late side for me, I pulled the trainer out and put in a solid hour while watching the Shield on Tivo.

Can't let a day slide. Time is precious.

4 comments:

Kewl Nitrox said...

Glad you got in the ride right at the end. I was kinda holding my breath. :)

And thanks for the low down on iPods. Very useful for someone like me considering one. How do you listen to it in your car? Headphones? Is that safe?

Nancy Toby said...

HER dog when he's bad?? Is Mo HER kid when he's bad, too? :-)

You haven't converted me to an iPod wearer, or any other kind of headphone user. If I can't use it during triathlons, I'm not using it during training. I don't think they're safe to ride or run with in most places, anyway. Besides, I LIKE the sounds of nature around me!!

Comm's said...

Hold on Nancy. Its her dog. I did not want a dog, for very personal reasons and she took it upon herself to bring one into the house.

I don't actually use my iPod much in training. I certainly have not used it for riding. Some trail runs, but there really is no natural sounds of animals in the desert. So I will use it for the canals which run through the cities.

KN- look at the heading for Car Charger/FM- there are several after market car chargers avaiable that incorporate a transmitter to play through the radio, they usually work on 4 specific frequencies that are very low demand like 88.1 or 107.9 the very first channels on American radios.

Chris said...

I'm convinced that a TiVo is the *only* thing that can make riding the trainer remotely tolerable. And even the mighty powers of the TiVo make it barely acceptable at best.

Maybe you could use Mighty Mo as weight for some weighted crunches? :)