Saturday, September 17, 2005

Shhhh, Shhh, Not So Loud

Last night was a lot of fun. Its a good thing I cancelled out on my swim this morning because, well lets face it, after 72 golf swings all with the same bad form on a par 30, 9 hole course, after staying up 3 hours past my usual bedtime, after two pints of John Courage Amber Ale at the authentic British Pub George and Dragon, after eating the biggest piece of battered fish (and chips), after dragging my cigarette smelling body home and snoring my stuffed nose away all through the night (thank you cigarette smoke), I was in rough shape when I got up at 0700.

Though Mistress had to get up at 0515 to handle the Mighty Mo, we all had a breakfast of french toast and country potatoes, family meals always make her feel better. Today, my penance is driving the minivan to the supermall for shoes and clothes shopping. Good Lord I should like Frank The Tank (Will Ferrel) in Old School!
Frank: "I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time."
College Student: A big day? Doing what?
Frank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

I'm doomed.

5 comments:

Wil said...

OH, you are so dead. Have fun at the mall - dang, that's almost just cruel and unusual after all that...see what you get though, you party animal! What will he do at Florida, ladies and gentlemen???

Chris said...

Best... movie... evar! :)

Flatman said...

What a great scene that is...and 30 minutes later, he is streaking down main street. Uh oh, Comm's streaking in Florida!!!

IMmike said...

hah, that will ferrel quote is hilarious.

tri-mama said...

I have a song for you

"Minivan" by the Austin Lounge Lizards. It could be your new theme music. :)