Tuesday, September 6, 2005

8 mile run

I do this big post on supplementing with an aside on calories and low and behold I went for a run, underfed, overstressed and now sustained Bonk.

You know those runs that when you get done you just know your head won't be right till morning? A low grade headache, fuzzy mental functions, don't take your eyes off the road no matter how distracted. Yup, here I am.

I went to McD's and picked up dinner so Mighty Mo and Mistress could eat together. Mighty Mo got nuggets, Mistress a fruit salad and a sundae, depending on her fancy. They ate dinner on the hospital bed together while I tried a power nap in the recliner-it didn't work. Luckily by the time we got home Mighty Mo was out on his feet, so I only had to fuss with the dog who had been alone all day. Sucks to be him.

So now it's two aspirin and off to bed.

7 comments:

Keryn said...

You are so wonderful to do such wonderful things for your family after such a rough run. Give the Mistress my best wishes and get some rest. :)

Flatman said...

You will definitely feel better today...I guarantee it!

Nancy Toby said...

Mistress is still in the hospital? SORRY! Hope they get her fixed up and fully diagnosed and back home soon!

Phil said...

Here's hoping the Mistress gets better soon. Sorry to read about her misfortunes.

You did manage to conjure up a smile. My kids would have thought it way cool to eat McD's on a bed - even in those circumstances.

Wil said...

Wow, talk about stress...you need a good long rest, yourself! Way to be super dad/husband, though...hang in there, it has to get better soon.

tarheeltri said...

Funny... when my wife was in the hospital me and CB hit McD's like three times. And did you ever notice there's always a McDonald's around hospitals... hmmm.

IMmike said...

Hope all is well for your family. I'm sure that the run felt good despite the bonk.