Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Whoah, were'd the day go?

I have been running around like a lunatic today trying to get things at work caught up by the end of the month. It looks like I have finally got a handle on things and can get out now for a 7-8 mile run.
I placed a phone call to my old swim coach who now trains across town and asked if I could get a tune up lesson from him since I will be down the street at one of my clubs tomorrow. I figured its been a few months and my drill form has probably detoriorated. He would also be able to give me some new feedback since I think my swimming has improved a lot in the last two months.
Recovery weeks are nice. It comes with good timing since I will be up late at an employee's wedding reception Saturday night. I can almost guarantee a couple of glasses of wine and a cigar. Which is fine since on Sunday I am photographing the triathlon that some guys from the group are doing. I'll look at it as an active-hangover and a blessing over the normal 60 mile bike ride, 60 minute run I would be doing that day.

2 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Hey Common Man,
First time on your blog but I like what I see. I am originally from the Phoenix area and now live in Utah. I still race in AZ quite a bit. Soma Half in October, Tillman triathlon, etc. I am training for IMAZ right now. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only guy out there training for an Ironman that feels like an average Joe.

Where are the backpacking pics from? I have had altitude sickness three times and it is like food poisoning. It sucks!

Anyway, keep up the good work. I will checking in on your blog more often.

Comm's said...

IronBenny,

This link will take you to the page detailing my Yosemite trip last July.

Thanks for stopping by.

http://commonmansyndrome.blogspot.com/2005/07/back-country-vacation-day-3.html