Thursday, September 15, 2005

Weights/Run/Swim Brick

Did it all a bit backwards today but still great results. Did a 30 minute total body circuit, followed by a 30 minute run, followed by 4,000 in the pool another distance record for me. I don't think I will be doing any great distance in my lake swim this week so I figured to make it up today. Here is the breakdowns:

Life Fitness circuit: 2/15 (dropset heavy to medium, no rest) ab crunch, front lat pull, seated row, shoulder press, chest press, chest fly, bicep curl, tricep dip, leg extension, prone leg curl, calf raise.

Run: 30 minutes

Swim: 1x100 1x200 1x300 1x400 1x500 1x1,000 1x500 1x400 1x300 1x200 1x100

12 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

4000 in the pool? Holy moly! Amazing! That would take me HOURS!!!

Chris said...

Dang. That swim workout is no joke. Nice job!

Oldman said...

backwards? is it hare to swim backwards? i guess running backwards isn't to bad.

Oldman said...

backwards? is it hare to swim backwards? i guess running backwards isn't to bad.

IMmike said...

Yeah, that's a solid swim commodore. I'm going to try to find your feet during the swim at IMFL next year!

Comm's said...

Chris,

4,000 pool meters = freaking out at 150 meters in open water. You can figure out how many more pool laps I need to do to balance this out.

Mike,
my feet hopefully will not be 3 feet underwater like I feel they currently are.

Oldman,
Yeah you got me. Good one.

tri-mama said...

I love that pool workout! I'm going to copy it next month-post marathon. I won't lift weights beforehand because I'd have no muscle left--how did you do that?

The Big Cheese said...

One word "Holy Shat!"

Flatman said...

4000!?

tarheeltri said...

Crazy swim! Might match my season total.

Mr. Apropos said...

Nice swim pyramid! Doesn't that last 100 feel great? (The "finally, I'm done great!")

ZAG said...

great swim