Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Swim with freakout in plain site

Click on graph for size increase.

As you can see I wasn't exaggerating about my anxiety. The rapid black line represents altitude which when I wear the Polar in water it really goes nuts. Hey like me. The stutter at the peak must have been when I flipped over on my back for a few seconds or so. I guess if the data tells me anything, its that even though I still felt like I was hyperventalating on my back, my heartrate was coming down.

Notice how fast my HR dropped once I made it to the canyon wall. Each time I started my last two swims to get to the launching area, I got anxious but understood I was going to make it, my HR goes way down before I finish the distance. See how the first two troughs are much steeper than the last two. That must mean I relaxed more towards the ends of my last swims than the first ones.

This will all get better. I understand the limitations that I have are all solely on myself, or more appropiately inside myself. I can swim, its calming my mind down long enough to prove my body is capbable of unsupported distance swimming.

1 comment:

IMmike said...

commodore, what type of polar HRM do you have? Mine died and I need a new one, I really like these graphs you and chris put up on your board.