Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Somebody Got His Legs Back...

I'm not sure if I wrote about it on my blog but I know I mentioned it in other blogs comment sections, but my mile pace time has stunk for the last two months. Ever since I went on vacation in July and got altitude sickness and then carried a lung infection around for three more weeks, I have wanted to vomit on myself when I look at my average minutes per mile.

I went out for a 7 mile run last night and was more than pleased when I kept looking at my Polar to see my heart rate down 10 beats per minute and my pace down a full 2 minutes per mile.

I am sure there is all kinds of rationale that can offered up; flatter course, cooler day, mental attitude, whatever.

I am often guilty of my mood being based on my last workout. So I feel pretty good.

7 comments:

Flatman said...

Nice...it is always great when your HR drops like that. I always feel MUCH better!

Nancy Toby said...

Vomiting on yourself usually doesn't help the pace. Just so's you know....

Oldman said...

heart rate dropping is a good sign unless it's just skipping a beat!

mipper said...

great job!

Keryn said...

Whatever the reason, that's a great workout! You're the man, comm!

Papa Tweet said...

Yo Commodore,
That altitude sickness can really play havic on your body, however, when you descend from elevation your symptoms should theoretically improve. That has been my experience, for the most part. That lung infection sounds pretty nasty though. That will take time to recover from. Emphasis on recovery. Be careful that you don't over work yourself in an effort to stay in shape. It happens all to often and I am guilty of it myself. Good luck with the recovery and thanks for the comments on my blog about nutrition. Take care

Wil said...

Way to go! Look out IMFL!