Friday, September 30, 2005

Still thinking about those lake swims

My mind is on constant swim mode. I can't stop thinking about my limiter. I borrowed The Colonels range finder Thursday and drove out to the lake to get a distance reading. Being OCD on these things can take up a lot of time.

The inlet I normally swim in is 70 yards wide, which is just a tad longer than I thought which is good. I figured the infamous buoy at 125 and found it too be 175 so I did much better than I thought on last Saturday.

All told the two laps the guys do is 2,200 meters or yup you know it, a half ironman distance. Of course one of the gang went out with a fricken angle and calculated it out in his head a few months ago and was right on the money. Damn pointy heads and all their mental abilities.

I had a private swim lesson with my old swim coach and he was impressed with my progression but like any good coach its not good enough. He introduced speed drill and we finished with 10x25 on 1 minute, full out sprint. I was very much out of breath.

This weekend most of the guys I train with a doing an Olympic and I am going to take pictures for them. Yes I know I should have tried to enter but I am not comfortable with my swim progression for the lake swim. Yet.

It will still be good to be in the community, so to speak.

3 comments:

Oldman said...

so are you swimming there tomorrow? 2 times around the buoy?

Wil said...

You're going to be awesome, each time gets easier ;)

tri-mama said...

Keep hanging in there, in no time soon you will be looking forward to that lake-you'll get it.