Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Where's Comm's?

I have been on the bike the last two days. Yesterday I was at The Machines office using his spiffy CompuTrainer. Talk about TMI. I didn't know which screen to look at. I used a 36 mile course that was mostly flat with varying ascent/decents of 4.5%, 6.7%, 7% and finally a ridiculous 13%.

For the first thrity minutes I used the spin profile that shows the effeciancy of my pedal stroke. I was about 67%. That means I hypothetically lose 33% power per revolution, though 100% is impossible to achieve. Realistically I think I can improve to a steady 75-78% effeciancy. I am dead power straight up and straight down in my stroke. Interesting. I was able to maintain 80% for ten minutes when I keep my cadence in the high 90's, focused all my effort on my hip flexors and took all the weight off my lower legs and feet along with keeping my core completely activated. After that I just clicked to a different screen and pedaled away.

I have never tracked Watts before and I averaged 211 for the time with ave. speed of 21 mph. Max watts were 534. I don't think that is very good, the average not the high. I am definitely going to be utlizing this assest for Ironman Arizona next spring.

This morning was a recovery ride around Usery Pass. The usual Wednesday morning thing. Down along the Salt River the temperature dropped about 20 degrees to around 65 and it felt down right chilly. I may have to break out the under armour in a couple of weeks.

Glen was able to bust out the ride on his new Cervelo, (commense drooling) and I encouraged him to TT the 4 mile ride up Usery. It took him 17.5 minutes. Good job. My fastest duplicated TT on that hill is 16' and my average is 18'30".

Later today is a 2o mile run. My first in a few months. That will be fun.

4 comments:

Flatman said...

Have fun on those 20... Hope the old legs don't give you any trouble.

Fe-lady said...

All those numbers make me dizzy- I just get on the damn bike and ride as hard as I can! It's always worked for me! I think if I knew the percent grade that I was going up at times, I would pull over, or fall over! Sometimes 9for me anyway) ignorance is bliss!

Bolder said...

dude, niiiiiiiice.

it's all comin' together...

Steven said...

Have a great time on the 20.

Those are always fun.