Friday, September 15, 2006

Epic Training Weekend (ETW) Florida Edition

Wow, I am so jazzed about this weekend. Mistress and I both had commitments on Saturday, she has a baby shower for a friend and I am running a Polar HR clinic (thank you sponsors), so we got a babysitter who is basically hosting all the kids whose parents will be at the baby shower. I don't want to be near my house. So...ETW was unleashed.

Thursday, yesterday, was a triple workout; 15 mile bike, 1.1 mile open water swim, 3 mile run. Great training day.

Today calls for 15 mile run along the IMAZ course, basically Tempe Town Lake. The monsoon season is on its last few days so it actually feeling much cooler in the valley of the sun. 98 degrees almost feels like 85 degrees to me. Turned off the a/c in my house last night for the first time in many, many months. Should make for better conditions this afternoon and not be so stifling hot.

Saturday is a 2.4 mile open water swim, (ironman distance for those not familiar) and then driving down to Tempe Town Lake and riding 70 miles of the Ironman Arizona course. I may have some company since some training partners are competing in the Splash and Dash championships at TTL early that morning while I am at the lake. Then after the ride I am going to do one loop of the IMAZ run, 5 miles) and then head up to Tribe Multisport by 3:30 p.m. for a 30 minute run with people who show up for my run clinic and then host the clinic from 4p.m. to 5p.m. inside the store.

BTW, you might ask, "Where's the shower." Well at TTL is a small water park for the kids with a waterfall. After my runs down there I go and sit under the waterfall and cool down in the grass. Take about a convienent shower!

Then on the way home I am stopping off at Hooters to have some wings to celebrate Hardcore Mikes bachelor party and then passing out at home.

Sunday, AZTRICLUB is running another underground tri. We have actually talked to the park and the rangers are cool with us as long as we stick to their regulations and not break any permit laws. I am doing the 500 meter swim and then instead of doing the bike and run, John and I are going to do a 70 mile ride. very cool.

Next weekend is my last race before Florida. An Olympic. I am torn because its the same course as a race I did early this year with so-so results. I know I can easily take huge minutes off the time but would rather just stick to my IM pacing. Its hard to train for long, long zone two stuff and then switch the body over to faster work in zone four.

Decisions, decisions. But those will for next week. My focus is on quality hardcore training over the next three days.

2 comments:

Flatman said...

Sounds like your plate is full.

Have a great weekend and tell Mistress I said thanks for letting you do this!!!

"Smash" said...

You rock! Have a good and injury free weekend!