Monday, September 18, 2006

Are you bonafide?


I was talking to training partner John last week on the phone and he asked if I had got my Ironman card yet with all the Ironman races I have signed up for.

What?

There is a card for Ironman finishers? How come no one ever told me this before? Is this a secret? A conspiracy? Is there instructions for a secret handshake included? What is this business? He pulled the card from his wallet and read me his number and the single line on the back reading, "Ironman Arizona 2006."

I was pissed. How come The Machine, Hardcore, IronBenny, Shelley, Chris@Chivarly and on and on, how come they never told me about this mythical and powerful tailsman. Why didn't the P'Dawg posse over at Bolder in Boulder get this information from the Ironman underground? I DEMAND SATISFACTION.

I asked The Machine and Hardcore later that day if they had their cards and why in the last seven months they never mentioned this 'Inside baseball' to me. They got pissed off and indignant. They don't have ID cards either. How did John get one? They've never heard of it.

Well sure as a triathlete drools over carbon fiber, there is a card and now you can have one too.

Ironman Card

8 comments:

Kona Shelley said...

That's strange?? I swear I've never rec'd one except for when I entered the Passport Lottery for Kona...then I got a discount on everything there too..very cool! I have a Master card that says IRONMAN on it...

Cliff said...

I want one..where do u get it..i assume u gotta finsih an IM to get one :)

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Just visited the site. The Ironman ID NUMBER is free but they charge for the card. That's too funny. Somehow, I knew IM would find a way to make money.

Nytro said...

that link doesn't work, bud.

Flatman said...

Do they have a sprint version??? :)

JC Hyte said...

Got mine during the Lottery sign up process.

Papa Tweet said...

I've never heard of such a thing. Does it get me into all the clubs? Do I get discounts on carbs? Discounts on leg razors? What is it?

Bolder said...

all your peeps who entered the lottery are confessing they were going to stand you up in Florida...

i, um, well, i... i've got a card too........