Friday, September 8, 2006

Still tallying the results

Some very interesting remarks about whether calling a woman an Amazon is a compliment or a negative. I really thought the guys would Sack Up and spill the beans about 'inside guy speak.' I suppose this is my penance for being a whistle blower.

So far with 19 comments, I read the totals as:
Compliment: 5
Owe Nytro a drink: 5
Neutral: 9

What guy has not thought Lynda Carter was hot as Wonder Woman?

What guy hasn't watched an entire episode of Xena: Warrior Princess simply becuase Lucy Lawless is tall, attractive and shows a little leg when she does a round house to the mongrol hoard?

Turn about is fair play though and want to give a different viewpoint. When a woman see a man they are attracted to they tell their female friends descriptive terms that they would not neccesarily use in public settings. For example: Beefcake or hard body. How about McDreamy?

The point is guys use Amazon as a compliment.

7 comments:

Nytro said...

i love how you've separated the votes:

compliment or owe nytro a drink. not compliment or FLAMING INSULT.

by the way, it's 11-6. for me.

check your math.

Nytro said...

by the way, beefcake - totally out.

but, if you want to call me mcdreamy, i'm game.

21st Century Mom said...

Nytro is going to hate me for this but I'm pretty sure that any guy who uses Amazon as a derogatory term has ego issues as in "very small ego". Amazon generally means tall and strong and tall and strong are both compliments. To Nytro Amazon is an insult - that is clear. What's not clear is why.Let's put the boob desecration aside, please because I never knew about that and I doubt many other people do, either.

So where exactly is the insult in 'Amazon'.

mipper said...

I don't use beefcake. ever. but I did once call my kids dentist Dr. McDreamy. but that is ok. I told him to his face that my daughter and I thought he looked like Prince Charming from Cinderella. He blushed. A lot. Dr. McDreamy couldn't be much worse.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

We call cute guys hotties. Beefcake reminds me of Cartman in South Park.

Flatman said...

beefcake??? Is that from Happy Days, or Leave it to Beaver?

LBTEPA said...

I've come in late but aren't compliments in the eye of the beholder as it were?
I would take Amazon as a compliment. Nytro doesn't, so just never call her that again :)