Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Rest? Why not.

Training has been going well, but I knew I was going to have a two day training break Sunday and Monday. I wasn't beating myself over it. I happens and Mistress and Mo got to reconnect with me on Sunday.

I got home around 7:30 Monday night and I took Mo to bed around 8:00 to read books. Mistress came upstairs at 9:30 and instead of finding me logged onto the net I had fallen asleep in bed with Mo and we were both having a snoring contest. She laughed for a few minutes then kicked me out and reset Mo.

I somehow found my own bed and then slept in till 6:30 a.m. I slept ten hours. When in my life is that possible? I do not sleep that long unless I am really, really exhausted. Based on my training and work habits over the weekend, that simply wasn't the case.

I will think fondly of this night in the upcoming weeks when I am getting up at 3:30 or 4:00 for training.

"Gee, remember the night you slept ten hours? That was coooool."

6 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Why not do it more often? It's during rest and recovery times that you make increases in strength and power, not during the workouts.

tarheeltri said...

My daughter won't let me read to her anymore since I fall asleep halfway through the book!

greyhound said...

Been there and done that, except Mrs. Greyhound leaves me in the kiddy bed. That's how dynamic I am.

Glen said...

Hey Hve you paid for timex yet. It's just about sold out.

Cliff said...

...sleepign 10 hrs is a good. When i trained a lot, my top prioirty is rest..more sleep is better...good to be lazy..(after a hard working of course).

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

stop taunting me with your sleep luxury! You are making me jealous!