Wednesday, September 6, 2006

I'm Pissed Off

I have a rant in me. I have a rant that is floating through the ether of my office as I banter back and forth with my business partner about it. I'm yelling. He's yelling. He is giving me logical counterpoints and I hammer right back. I use him as a sounding board a lot. If my issues make sense to him or I can hold my own then I go forward with it by writing it out or following the plan.

I realize now with the arguing we are doing that I would either get zero comments or everyone of them would get you fine people riled up and firing off comments that flame me or someone else who left their thoughts.

Oh I will give you the topic of my frustration the last couple days but I am going to generalize them for the sake of it. I am sick of so-called Do-Gooder's. Get out of my life and the lives of everyday americans. Stop trying to pass laws that make perfect sense if coming from my Grandma but when they become legislation become beasts of burden to common law abiding, smart thinking citizens. For example....no no no, no example, it gets me to frustrated.

Oh yeah, two hour ride last night and one and half hours this morning. Two hour run this afternoon. I'm going to need it. That or I will be self medicating myself tonight.

Lithium anyone?

8 comments:

tri-mama said...

You should move up here to the land of 10,000 laws- your frustration knob just breaks off over time:-) Looks like your training and life are going well- we've definitely turned the corner down the final stretch. I'm heading to IMmoo-that will be cool-take it easy

Steven said...

Take a deep breath, Comm.

Now take another.

Think Happy Thoughts.

Go for a run. Run hard, run fast, run those frustrations right out of your head.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah, something about legislation and common sense don't go together. It's like trying to "idiot proof" a prodect or procedure. Never works becuase it assumes a finite number of idiots.

Have fun ranting with your business partner!

Nancy Toby said...

Uh oh.

Your countdown timer says 58 days.

Now THAT is scaring me.

Flo said...

Comm, I know what you mean. I won't go into it but Do-Gooders need to sit down and shut up!!! What they need to do is enforce existing laws instead of passing more.

But Steve's right, take a deep breath and go for a run.

Flatman said...

Come on...spill it. What else are we here for...?

Lance Notstrong said...

I hate it when people think they know what's "good for me".

Denis Leary has an awesome line in an old Sylvester Stallone movie (Demolition Man) in which society has decided to pass a lot of "do gooder" laws. It goes something like this:

"I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal?"

Andy said...

Training is the perfect aphrodisiac(don't think I spelled that one right) for things like that. I cannot tell you how many times that I felt the way you did in your post, and when I got back from a swim, bike, or run, there might have been residual feelings, but the anger and frustration came right out of me.