Friday, September 1, 2006

A reader...

I wouldn't normally praise a perodical, but I must admit the newest Runners World magazine is perhaps the best issue I have read in years from them. Mr. Ultra-Marathon Man himself Dean Karnaze in on the cover. Personally I really dig this guy and there is a great interview about his 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states deal he starts this month. I really wish I could run with him when he is in Phoenix but not possible with my ironman taper.

What really pulled me in this issue is the Dean article, a article on the greatest advancements in running gear and technology in the last fifty years, the greatest shop list ever and what really pulled me was several editorials about runners practicing their hobby in extreme conditions; like many of us do, running in the winter, running in the hot, humid south, running in the dark. I wish they had done one on running in the desert heat and they kind of do but its not really. I thought about writing an article and sending it in to them.

Anyway, for those of you on a long weekend, you could pick no better magazine to read over the next three days.

No comments: