Friday, September 8, 2006

Here it goes...take a deep breath...


I can not believe you people. I try to give a girl a compliment and I have to apologize for it. What has this world come to. Thank good I am married and don't have to give compliments to my wife or I would be saying "I'm sorry" every day of my life.

Oh wait I already do that.

Nytro, on behalf of myself, the worthless slug of a man that I am I am sorry. In the future I will never give another lady a compliment ever again. You are indeed a lady of sophistication, a woman of high moral fiber, a modern example of old fashioned elegance.

What I wrote was incredibly insensitive to you and your family and apparently 80% of women who read this blog. For that I am deeply pained.

As you can see I have included the photograph of me, and thanks to some of the more insensitive commenters I have even dressed up in amazon clothing. A tall rum and coke is indeed going to be waiting for you when our families get together again next month. But only one, I know how you drink when your away from home. Below I even included a little something special for you.

I want all the readers to know that this apology is not under duress, Nytro is not twisting my arm. I do not know nor pretend to understand the reason people online think she is a 'scary' person. Nytro you have a passion for life, a deep outspoken love for your husband that I think many men are envious of and a self depricating sense of humor that highlights the absurdity of this self sport of triathlon.

I am sorry that more people did not have time to respond to the poll, (without their wives looking over their shoulder), or I most sincerly would have won. But they did not so I lost. I will be try to be humble about all this and keep a stiff upper lip. I would also like to take this moment to apolgize for cancer and by the way, I caused Hurricane Katrina, so I am sorry for that too.

You won, I lost.
You the best, I'm the worst.
Your going up, I'm going down.
Your the bell of the ball, I am the guy carrying the apertif tray.
You smell good, I smell bad.
You have friends, I have none.
You get the best cut of meat, I get the gristle.
You have a scooter, I drive a hemi.
You're loved, I'm hated.
You're beautiful, I am a cross between quasimodo and the elephant man.
You have people reading your blog, no one comes to mine.
Everything in your life is perfect, mine is garbage.

I think that just about covers it. I can think of no greater way to say I am sorry. I did try to find some video on interpretive dance to show my shame in a way that also demonstated my stunted maturity as a man, unfortunately I couldn't find one. Hope this will do.

Nirvana All apologies


6 comments:

Bolder said...

classic!

Flatman said...

Poor Comm. His soul laid bare for all to see. What a true "man".

(oh, and comm, you didn't cause katrina...george w. bush did. i read it on the internet!!!)

Kona Shelley said...

You're a good sport!!

mipper said...

awwww... nowt hat rivals Bold for sweetest post of the day. You are a good good man. And Flat is right... Katrina was totally Bush's fault. ;)

Rainbow said...

That was good. The picture is wonderful and people do read your blog...hello!

Nytro said...

dear, sweet, 100% able to admit when he is wrong commodore:

thank you for the apology... it takes a big man to do that. and an even bigger one to post a pic of himself as an amazonian.

as i said before, you're the best... but i'm better. we all know this. and yet, it's nice to see in print.

thanks for helping me kill some serious time at work on friday... and keeping me laughing with your logic. you know i love you more than my luggage, man.

i'll see you in soma. don't try to cheat me with a medium-tall rum and coke. i may live in utah... but i know the difference.