Friday, July 28, 2006

You with your hand raised in the back...

Okay, I have been doing Spinerval DVD's the last couple of weeks to beat the heat in the afternoon and stick to a more high intensity, flat course program. I have actually found them to be pretty good, though not as good my long weekend rides outside.

But I don't understand this point that Coach Troy makes several times in 4.0 Lean and Mean
How can I be in the big chain ring up front and the smallest in the back, essentially my hardest gear, be putting out 95-100% effort AND spinning at a minimum of 85 rpm?
It just doesn't make sense. How can I be in my hardest gear and be spinning at the same cadence as when I am in my most efficient gear for long distance riding?

3 comments:

Andy said...

C'mon!

You're telling me that you cannot ride like Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis, Jan Ulrich and the rest of us by being in our "highest" gear and being able to sping 85+rpms????????

What is wrong with you????

(Has anyone noticed the sarcasm in my voice yet? I know I have)

Yeah I tend to agree with you. I know that if I am in the big ring and somewhere in the middle of my rear cassette, I can hold 85 for a little while, as long as there is no elevation. Other than that, I am in the same camp as you. I would have to be superman or something (or going downhill the entire time) to hold that cadence that your DVD is proposing to you.

Send it back, tell them its crap, and demand a refund!

(I am still in a fiesty mood today due to my injury last night, my neck and back have been aching all day)

Jessi said...

Hey Comms,
This has nothing to do with your current post, but - I have a question about the 625x and I'm hoping you might be able to help. Will you swing by and check out my latest?
Thanks!
Jessi

Bolder said...

what andy said.

man up dude!

(i can't hold that combo for very long, unless it's a sharp descent, then, i can go for hours)