Wednesday, July 5, 2006

What day is it?

Is it just me or did a Tuesday holiday really just screw up my weekly clock?

Went to an awesome wedding Monday night. Ten minute ceremony with open bar before and after and an all you could eat sushi bar at the reception. Thats what I'm talking about. I refrained from the desert table where the chocolate fountain was a bit hit, along with dipping marshmellows and doughnut holes in chocolate.

Tuesday morning Mistress and I hosted a brunch breakfast at our place with big slabs of bacon and scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. My mom blended orange julius for drinks. I cut up hawaiian bread to fit in my toaster and served it that way instead of regular bread. Not bad I must say since that was my only job. For those that don't know...I am not allowed to cook. It is verboten in my house.

Tuesday afternoon, Mighty Mo and I went to The Machines for a cookout with some other familys and their kids. Had a good time. Mistress was not feeling well so she stayed home. Mostly the kids stayed in the pool and we watched Ironman Kona 2005 and some high school football highlights of The Machine Jr. , himself an accomplished and sought after athlete at only 12 years old.

I had just recieved a size kit from Sugoi, who is making our AzTriClub uniforms and we tried on different fits and sizes to see what is best to order. On top of the racing/training apparel we are ordering running jerseys with the same color and sponsorship information for us to wear for training or daily wear but also for our spouses and support teams to wear at our races. We all think it says alot when people in the crowd are wearing team apparel too. Plus it makes the spouses and children feel more a part of the organization when they also have the team gear. They are after all in this thing as much as the rest of us.

So it already feels like Friday. Thats a good thing right?

4 comments:

IMmike said...

I love shorter weeks. Last night, I was thinking that it feels like Sunday and I'd only have to work 3 days during the week.

Glen said...

Bro, how can I get some of this gear to wear. Is anyone going to bring it to the lake on thursday. I think it will be sweet to have us all in the same gear and wife and kids wearing some of it.

mipper said...

sounds like you had a great holiday. great job on the toast too... i know how precarious that is in your house. ;)

TAG, you're it.

Jessi said...

That is exactly the type of wedding Tom and I are planning: super short ceremony, preceded and followed by lots of drinking, talking and laughing.