Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fair to middlen

That sums up my training the last week or so since my race and current leg injury. On Monday I put in a 90 minute slow ass walk and managed to get a tan while listening to the radio. It didn't even feel like working out to be honest and on any normal day earlier this year, I would have laughed it off.

Today though is no laughing matter...I have to get in a pool and swim. Eck. Gasp. A pool. I haven't swam in a pool since before Valentines day, I have been swimming at the lake. This waters going to taste funny. When its hot out and the waters warm it almost feels 'chewy'. C'mon now folks, you know what I am talking about-

Q: What looks like water, may even taste like water, but has the consistancy of a gummi bear?

A: A hot pool in the summer.

If I am the only one that thinks that, I just made a really, really stupid joke. But today is one hour pool workout and a one hour small chain ring spin on the trainer.

Stay cool folks.

2 comments:

Bolder said...

The Boulder Reservoir, in which I swim, and race, has the opacity of cold tea, the smell of algae, and a taste of aquatic life with motor oil undertones.

When back in the outdoor 25yd pool at the club. It is like I've entered a silky, smooth, hygenic, tasty, super clear water playground that I rule with my powerful stroke.

In open water, I occassionally feel like I'm making progress as I pass or round a buoy, or boat. In the pool, it's 18 strokes and a wall. Reassuring.

I hope you rule your pool.

Tri-Angle said...

Comm.
I made similar comments yesterday. I'm not liking the pool at all! But can't get to the lake on Thursdays, and your Polar thingy, cancelled last Saturday. At least for you Polar geeks (and I mean that in the nicest way)I feel your pain. Swim well.
A.