Monday, July 31, 2006

What page is that on?

I have a point to this so bear with me...

Mighty Mo has been getting Mistress up four or five times a night for the last week and Saturday night was no different, except that on Sunday we had a luau at our house and she was exhausted getting ready for it and looking at a busy day finishing the prep work. So I skipped my two hour walk to take care of Mo while she slept in till 10 a.m.

The luau was great, lots of tri-team mates and tri-friends and their families came by for a pool party and authentic hawaiian cusine, prepared by hand by Mistress who has learned over the years from my parents.

Well 9 p.m. comes around, everyone has just left and I feel frisky enough to go for my walk, in my mind I knew where I was going, how I was going to get there and about the distance I would go. Instead I help Mistress clean up some more around the house and backyard and go to bed.

This morning I come to find out that around the precise time and place I was to be last night in my walk, a woman was killed (while walking alone) by the serial shooter roaming the city. He and a serial rapist have shot 35 people and killed over a dozen between the both of them. Last weekend he shot and seriously wounded a cyclist at 4:30 in the morning.

So the point of my title...as Mistress and I heard the news about this latest shooting this morning, I told her thats were I would have been turning around in my walk at that time and she told me that I am no longer allowed to walk, run, or bike alone until this asshole is caught, especially since he keeps getting closer to our neighborhood.

So I am mentally flipping through our Training Contract (see sidebar), trying to find the 'page and sub-section' for the damn clause that allows her to throw that bombshell out there. Then I realized its really part of the over-ride that says life dictates training. Well dying sure affects life.

Stay Alert. Stay Alive.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Dude, that's just creepy scary. That was a very, VERY well missed workout.

I hope they find and catch that SOB soon.

stronger said...

That is so scary. Mistress overrides the entire contract with this one. You should be glad she isn't pushing you out the door. You can't hide from every little threat out there but that's a monster threat. Be SAFE!

Steven said...

Holy crap, Comm. That is scary.
Good call on missing that workout. I'd pretty much be using a bike trainer and dreadmill until those bastards are nailed.

PS - there are Shiny New Things on my blog. You like Shiny New Things. Come check 'em out!

Nytro said...

it's not in the training contract. it's in your vows. love, honor, cherish, obey, live, obey, fix her breakfast in bed twice a year, obey.

glad you're safe.

Comm's said...

Fix her breakfast in bed twice a year? Nytro, I have been married for 10.5 years with a 3 year old MO. There is no breakfast in bed, not to mention as a triathlete I am up and out hours before she is up and back hours after she is up on the weekends.

Ultra Crackhead said...

Glad you are still with us! Health and safety need to always be our top priorities, and I hope the perps are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law

Bolder said...

thankfully, you didn't go for that walk.

i need you to be next to me when a different gun goes off -- Nov 4th.

Nytro said...

but, you've got the obey part down, right?

Andy said...

Yeah,

I feel you. We got a scare down here last week on the Silver Comet Trail in GA. Around Mile Marker 13-14 on the Cobb/Paulding County line (W/NW Greater Metro Altanta Area) a 54 yr old woman was killed during the day riding her bike. It seems that she was ripped off of her bike, sexually assaulted, and then killed.

They caught who they think is the killer. He was in the hospital with defensive wounds on his face, arms and crotch (they said that part was pretty bloody, he deserved it). He also is a 26yr career criminal, registered sex offender with the state of GA, and lives at his mother's house, which just so happens to butt up against the Silver Comet Trail. Who'd know?

My girlfriend found out and I had to pull teeth to get here out there on Sunday, but I got her out there again. That is the first death on the trail due to crime, and most likely, it will be a very long time (hopefully never) before that happens again. She did not even want me out there.

Things that make you say hmmmmmm...

Murtha...