Thursday, July 20, 2006

Touching the Zone

Did an hour of Spinerval 5.0 mental toughness then went to the lake and swam 1.5 miles or 2418m or 2600 yards depending on your preference.

After a few minutes of The Machine going over some stroke fundamentals and critiques in the water off we went. I had a a great swim. Each lap between the inlet buoy and the canyon buoy dropped by one minute completing the entire swim in 52 minutes.

While going home I ran some numbers and decided to double check them with Phils awesome triathlon calculator, a link is located in my sidebar. I swim .6 miles farther in almost the same amount of time it took me to do the swim at Mountain Man. To put another way, if I can duplicate this todays swim at Florida (which is not possible but would be nice) I would drop 28 minutes off my 2.4 mile swim finishing it in 1hr 30min, instead of 2hr 02min.

That would be nice. In a perfect world.

5 comments:

JC Hyte said...

Sweet swim Commodore. Sorry I missed it tonight.

Andy said...

Nice one on the swim. Thank you for the link, I will post that on my blog as well, I feel it is really helpful, plus it increases my lazyness, since I do not have to actually do any of the calculations on my own anymore. Don't forget about the small swells in the gulf for IMFlorida, but once you get out past the sandbar, you should be fine. I did the Gulf Coast Triathlon in Panama City Beach in May, and the worst part of the swim out and back was the distance between the shore and the sandbar (only 1.2mi). Keep up the good work!

Murtha...

Cliff said...

If u can drop 28 min and remain the same intensity (aerobic) u will be smoking.

Bolder said...

dude, that's a HUGE improvement!

this running injury could be a blessing in disguise.

what makes you think you couldn't extend that pace for .9 miles more by November 4th?!?

keep workin' it!!

Sean said...

Keep up the intensity big brother.

LiNC