Monday, July 24, 2006

Not a drop to drink

Well my new love affair with Training Peaks took precedence over a post on Sunday. I have a great visual to put up when I get home tonight. Its my temperature gauge on my back patio.

Why oh why dear Comm's would you take a picture of that? Because Phoenix set new highs for Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the high and the low of the day. My picture shows my patio at 5 pm Friday is 118 degrees, in the shade. Cripes. The lowest temperature recorded all weekend, a new high by the way, is 86 degrees.

Got in some good training. A good HR ride Sunday, never getting above zone 2, well I did once to do a break away on an open road. Do you know I can ALMOST keep up with Floyd Landis for 1k of his 100k time trial. I felt pretty good about that. Yes, I am a 'one-percenter', no not is that way.

I will be honest and say I did put some weight on my leg. I did some sloooooow jogging in the grass around a football field. Average pace 14:32. Surprizingly my HR was in the 145-152 range but my leg did not hurt at all which was the point. My ankle got tight for the rest of the day. I think I slightly sprained it at Mountain Man when I put my shin over the edge.

Today is rehab and a 90 walk, yes just a walk, on grass or golf course. I'm going down to Tempe Town Lake, the Ironman Arizona run course. Figure I will probably walking on that anyway next April, might as well see what its like in training. For all the years I have run around TTL, I have never purposefully walked it unless it was part of my run plan or I had bonked on the run.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Who cares if that is a dry heat!

That is flat TOO HOT!