Thursday, July 20, 2006

Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates...

I haven't worked out since the race on Sunday. I have had a couple rehabs and lots of icing, rolling, stretching and plotting. I asked for some council from one of the best trainers in company who used to be a national level track star until shin splints and a stress fracture stopped him cold turkey, "I was just going to take off two weeks and that was six years ago."

After that I had some smart ideas, a quick call to The Machine, and I picked up a Jobst sock. That is one of those compression socks for circulation and leg fatique, stuff like that. I wore it yesterday and while at first it didn't feel any tighter than my own wrap jobs using reusable Coach's tape, I think overall it is a better option.

Today I am heading over to The Machines office for a workout on his spin bikes using a Spinerval DVD and then up to the lake. After the team swim (two loops = 1.2 miles), a bunch usually go for a 5 mile run, I may just stay in the water and do another loop or two.

I am trying to be a good boy about this. Obviously my track record on holding back from training is dodgy at best.

2 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like it's time to tame the competitive beast so that you can heal. If it were me, those words: "I was just going to take off two weeks and that was six years ago" would echo in my head for a long time.

Bolder said...

be good, too much is at stake for bad boy behavior... you bad boy you...