Saturday, July 29, 2006

Oh Man that was cool

Well one side effect of not running this week is that my legs were very well rested for todays 50 mile ride, which I did in 3 hours. That seems long, but take out the stop for refuel (15 minutes), loop around for people and stop lights and knock a half hour off. Average speed 21 miles per hour.

I hauled ass and my legs after felt great. I wish I could have gone for a run afterward to see how it would have gone.

I was finally able to keep up with The Machine, my training partner, for the entire ride and even though we did do some challenges on each other to see where we were at in the legs, I still have enough humility to think that at any time he could have dropped gear and blown my lid off.

I am very pysched about this ride. Its been my best in several months. I had some pushes hitting 27+ mph for a couple miles at a time and then some strong headwinds that dropped me down to 15-16 mph for several miles at time.

And I will state for the record that my testosterone levels are all within normal range.

8 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Amazing what a little rest can do. Glad to hear things are going well.

Chris said...

21 MPH is a damn impressive average speed. Nice job.

bunnygirl said...

Congrats on a great ride! I'm impressed, but most important, you feel good about it. That's why we're here, right?

Nytro said...

hmm.... i told benny when he was leaving his comment that i wanted him to put: "You coulda had that 50-miler a week earlier if only you'd listened to Nytro."

it appears he has once again gone against my wishes.

Bolder said...

that's fast.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Gotta love those training breakthroughs.

Stay tuned...

Rainbow said...

That is great Comm. Trying to do the same, but I am about a year behind you.

Andy said...

Keep up the good work! I have had those type of gains recently on my bike, and I am sure that those few days of rest did not hurt either.

I have also looked at those ID things, and I think I am going to purchase the ankle band. That way, it is out of the way, but still on my person so that someone may read my emergency info. Everyone needs to have one!

Murtha...