Sunday, July 9, 2006

An Open Request

I am hereby petitioning the Prarie Dog Leader from da Republic of Bolder for a boon. This coming weekend I am racing in the Mountain Man Olympic distance triathlon up in Flagstaff. The race elevation starts at 6900 feet and peaks at 7300 feet.

Therefore I am requesting that upon completion of the race, the title of SLP be removed from my investigative personnel records held within a top secret hole deep within Da Republic. In the slim chance of a DNF due to lack of oxygen, I will be requesting a hearing to determine if sheer stupidity combined with a lack of altitude training will atleast grant me a one year waiver.

In all honesty, word on street from the veterans of this race is that there is a high DNF due to altitude, most occuring within the first 500 meters of the swim. Even veteran ironman finishers have bailed or lost all rational thought about their ability to complete it due to the elevation.

Surrounding this race will be a great time. Hardcore, The Machine and I and all our spouses and kids are renting a big cabin or house together. Should be a blast. To bad the race is on Sunday instead of Saturday, so we could enjoy a real bonfire and drink beers celebrating our race.

Instead my family will be driving the three hours back to Mesa for work on Monday.

Anyway, please consider my offer PDL and perhaps a response on your website with your answer would satisfy my man Bolds creative writing for at least one day.

10 comments:

Keryn said...

Thanks for the Monday morning giggle, Comm. I saw P-Dawg while I was on vacation in Florida. I think he was checkin' out the scene down there for the big race. :)

Bolder said...

i will assemble the p-dawg posse re your request, an answer will be forthcoming...

mipper said...

i totally think that the PDL should give you a pass. that is insane altitude. you sure you want to do that after last summer's altitude sickness? good luck Comm... hope you do awesome!

Comm's said...

Mipper, thank you so much for remembering my alt. sickness last summer. This is not as high.

tri-mama said...

Seriously, I think it's time we do an intervention...dude, (and I pretty much never use that term) you need to take a month off--from everything! maybe water jogging and some laps-- that is some seriously screwed up extremities-take a month off and get well- Huddle says you should only train 12 weeks for an Ironman anyhow-and with your workout rigor, you could take the time off and be fine-please stop before you really hurt something.

SRR said...

Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! You'll be Grrreat!

mipper said...

no problem my friend. no need to thank me, i am here to help. ;)

btw, i totally agree with trimama, but who am i to say? just be careful, please.

Cliff said...

Comm,

do what u can.b.ut remmeber.the main prize is IM. That's the focus.

Steven said...

Good luck, Commodore!

But like others are saying...this is not your "A" race for 2006. Treat it accordingly.

Nytro said...

good luck in flagstaff, comm. are you sure that race is a good thing with the splints?