Saturday, July 1, 2006

What to do with me...

My first Saturday morning without training since I don't know when. Went to bed at 9 on Friday and woke up a midnight feeling like I had a full nights sleep already.

Mistress and I took Mighty Mo to his swim lessons together and I was not happy. The two instructors were just teenage girls more interested in talking about boys and who got raises rather than helping the parents there with their kids. I figured it out about ten minutes into it and kept asking them to move onto the next drill or next event or next anything to keep us from horsing around in a pool twenty minutes from our house paying them do what I do with my son almost everyday in our own backyard pool. Unfazed. Mistress had a stern conversation with the managers after and she will probably cancel the class.

Mistress kept asking me if I wanted to do some laps since I was getting tense, so I stroked a little bit and even though I still didn't have any preconcieved notion of training I was sucking air and tired after 50 yards. Yup, I need this rest.

Mistress doesn't really know what to do with me. It is as strange a thing for her that I am home all day today as it is for me. She has asked me atleast a dozen times if I want to leave and do this or that. She finally confided that she is asking me these questions about leaving the house because she is not used to me being in it on our days off together.

Geesh. Guess I got her trained a bit too well.

5 comments:

bunnygirl said...

Sounds like you need a little short-term project!

That sucks about Kidlet's swim lessons. I bet either of the young instructors would do fine on her own, though. It's just being together that's the problem.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

It's good that you kept the swim instructors on task. Sometimes you have to go through a few until you find one that's good.

Stay tuned...

SRR said...

3 hours of sleep and you are rested? Geez! I'm jealous!

Kewl Nitrox said...

:D Sounds like what happens at home when I stop travelling for a few weeks.

Hope you find a good swimming instructor for MightyMo soon! Actually, if you are already teaching him, does he really still need an instructor?

IMmike said...

Hey commodore,

enjoy some downtime. You've still got plenty of time to go before IMFL.