Sunday, September 30, 2007

The great wet north

First off, the wedding Mistress and I attended in Seattle, of my partners daughter, was the most religious wedding I have ever been too. Not only has she been a leader in her church, she married a youth pastor. Her older daughter married a pastor from the same church a few years ago.

Some perhaps catty comments of the event. I would estimate the entire evening cost $150,000. The bride and groom have been dating for three years. Their first on the lips kiss was during their wedding ceremony and they were married as virgins. The dry reception alone had a ten piece orchestra with vocals. The 400 guests ate a gourmet sit down meal of Fillet Mignon or Salmon. The grooms family has a unique and amazing history. The parents of the groom had been imprisoned in Asia for preaching the Gospel. They are credited with smuggling 4 million bibles into communist Russia in the 70's and 80's.

Whether you are religious or not, you must recognize that the bride and groom held themselves to a level of commitment that is unique in todays world. They are roll models for hundreds of teenagers in their church and set a perfect example.

The rest of the weekend was full of many highs and one big low for me. The low is that I did zero training. Not a lick. I feel horrible for it. I had only a few hours sleep on Tuesday and Wednesday night and flew to Seattle completely exhausted. There was so many things that Mistress and Mo and myself wanted and needed to do that logistically it really weighed on me. I put 800 miles on our rental in three days.

We did get to see many friends and walk through some old haunts special to Mistress and I. Mo spent Friday night on our friends farm with my Mom of all people who was up there visiting from Phoenix the same weekend. On the farm we were able to eat blackberries from the bush, a true Northwest delight. I will post some photos of Mo calling for the chickens and chasing some ducks.

Time to knuckle under this week and get back on the horse.

2 comments:

Fumo Santo said...

The great wet north? Great title you hoser!

Sounds like you had a good trip. Good to have you back.

Brent Buckner said...

Great wet north =>
great net worth!

At least when it involves celebrations, blackberries, and ducks.