Friday, September 7, 2007

Open mouth, spew crazy.

Missed my 2500 yard swim and 12 mile run brick today. Man has work been crushing me this week. My partner actually apologized to me for all the additional duties he put on me, not knowing that it was really breaking me down. I have a hard time saying NO right now, because I am picking up slack from some promotions and demotions of people. Luckily this is the only day I have actually missed a workout(s). The workouts I have been on have been benchmarks. The progression is really coming along.

But back to this stress. Oh it will dissipate. My stress envelop is being pushed but its big enough, more than enough. I still have an hour to get home for movie night with Mighty Mo and Mistress. Peter Pan tonight. Love that movie. Oh we couldn't get a babysitter for the friends night out, so we bagged.

I might actually try to have a little vodka and OJ tonight. Not too much, just enough. At 3 a.m. I am getting up to fit in my 60 mile ride before Mistress has her Masters swim. The key run I missed today I am going to replace with my base work on Sunday.

A lesson to people in the same time crunch as I am right now. Never sacrifice your weekly key workout of each discipline. You can miss the filler but not the long stuff.

I don't know if this correlates, but in my punch drunk mind it does. I can hear Bolder in my ear saying, "You want to train for hills, ride hills. You want to train for flats, you ride hills."

6 comments:

LBTEPA said...

Oh how your post title resonates with me today! Must be the phase of the moon or something :) Take care and have a good ride

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

ha ha ha ha!
(the bolder quote - I'm laughing at the bolder quote)

Yeah, I hear you. No fun training with a pile of stress anyway.

21stCenturyMom said...

Training gets rid of the stress. The problem comes when you are stressed and you can't train - then you are more stressed. You'll get there, though.

I'm glad for that Bolder quote because around here it's hills or the trainer and I much prefer the hills.

Tony said...

Comm,

I was there to help you with the 60 miler on Sat morning, but you and Andy were not there at 3:30. I waited around then decided to give it a go myself.

I did one loop and when I got back to my truck I saw your Charger. You guys must have got there right after I started riding.

I left at 5:30 to meet up with a few guys at Kawanis ParkinTempeto train for the upcomming marathon.

Lets meet up this week.

Lance Notstrong said...

That's funny (yet good) advise from Bolder :-)

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Getting up at 3:30 to do anything is a whole new level of commitment. Great job!