Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stealing never solves anything

I stole this week. Yes I admit it. I stole an idea from Bolder about drinking Boost before big training days. Well I don't have Boost around the house but plenty of Chocolate Slim Fast so I have been drinking two each morning before big practice sessions.

It was this morning as I was sitting on the you-know-what, for the umpteenth time that I read the ingredients. First on the list, non-fat milk. Thats an important piece of information considering I am lactose intolerant and milk and ice cream are my biggest culprits. Yogurt and cheese I am OK, pizza can be tough on me at times.

So I will continue to steal the idea but find a more suitable choice for my GI, like a lactose free substitute like Ensure. Now if I can just find a way to do a yogurt based B&J AmeriCone Dream.

Woke up this morning at 0330 and knocked out a 12 mile run. A LSD pace, roughly 10'15" per mile with my HR average at 136. I wanted to keep it low since it was my longest run in ten days. Now I actually have nothing on my training schedule until Friday, so I am taking Mo to the park for some dad & son time tonight.

Tomorrow some important news. A triathlete is coming out of retirement, and its not who you think.

As Tri-Boomer would say,
Stay Tuned....


7 comments:

Wendy said...

I wish I could go with you guys to the park. It sounds like so much fun!

(I'm staying tuned.)

Fe-lady said...

Did you know that handfuls of chocolate-covered raisins and a long run scheduled the next morning don't go hand-in-hand either? (I can feel your pain!) :-0

Fe-lady said...

Did you know that handfuls of chocolate-covered raisins and a long run scheduled the next morning don't go hand-in-hand either? (I can feel your pain!) :-0

momo said...

i laughed aloud because i have SO BEEN THERE. hope you find something that works, comm. i usually just do a gel before swimming, let us know what else you try.

Iron Pol said...

Is Bold coming out of retirement AGAIN? Or Iron Benny?

I never retired, so that reduces the possibilities by one.

Bolder said...

Boost is lactose-free as well.

you can steal my Boost.

Hands off the Ben & Jerry's!!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

OMG!!! Slim Fast shakes are tough on the hardiest systems. Ouch.