Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Healing Transition

All across America today people remember 9/11. I know my small little world changed. In the end I would like to think for the better amongst all the tragedy. Don't forget to wear your flag pin today.

On the grassy area that for the past few years has been the bike transition area for Ironman Arizona, so many other triathlons and my personal running grounds, is for today, the Healing Fields. Almost 3,000 flags reposed in memory of the lost citizens of that day.


God Bless America, the greatest, most generous nation on Earth.

4 comments:

Andy said...

That is a great way to remeber everyone who lost their lives in that tragic event, as well as a reminder that we are fighting for our freedom both on our own soil as well as foreign soil.

One other thing, it was amazing to me to find out how many people I knew that had friends/relatives that were at or near the site when it happened, or did not show up to work/play/travel to the site for whatever reason. Kinda scary...

Murtha...

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Very solemn. I think everybody remembers where they were when the events unfolded that morning, and I for one, do not look at the world or my life the same. I don't think I ever will.
Amen to your last sentence.
Jenny

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for posting that. Great photo! I can't believe it's been that long, seems like yesterday....

momo said...

its a beautiful remembrance, i'm taking my kids down to see it today. thanks for posting the pic, comm.

the day all our lives were changed forever.