Monday, July 30, 2007

Yawn..it sure is bright out there.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit sheepish regarding the weekend. Even being off formal training the last two months, (it feels longer), I still get out and do a little sum'em sum'em on the weekends.

This weekend was spent on the couch with Mo or playing in the backyard with Mo or taking it easy myself. Mistress spent most of the weekend sleeping, which you know what, good for her.

I feel good about this week and have planned a two mile run and one mile swim for today. Its baby steps back into consistent base training.

My one foray into society was Sunday when I went grocery shopping at WalMart. They had Halloween stuff up already in the crafts section. Its July. I really don't need to see Harvest this or that or little ghosts and witches already. I didn't even register it till writing this post but they had Christmas stocking projects hanging up too. I suppose I won't begrudge that because my mom hand stitches beautiful stockings and it takes her six months to get them done.

But c'mon do we need the foam Halloween stuff up already?

3 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

When you start seeing this stuff in Wisconsin it takes on a entire different meaning than in Phoenix. It screams "Enjoy it while you can!!! Summer is almost over!!!"

Fumo Santo said...

Anytime is a good time for Halloween!

21stCenturyMom said...

The reason the craft stuff is up is so people have time to make their little Halloween thingies. Sometimes it can take a couple of months. Our craft store is starting to put out the Christmas stuff. Ugh!