Friday, July 20, 2007

Dealing with it

Since my last post I have been almost exclusively holed up in my guest room dealing with sinus pain and a chest cold. Blech. But I understand now how great writers of the past were able to do their work. When you don't have the ability to watch tv or drive a car and your just at home with your thoughts in a room, stirring stories come to mind. I attempted to put a story to paper but it simply hurt to keep my eyes open. I hope I can recreate it over the weekend.

It is amazing the therapeutic benefits of a hot shower or hot compress across the face. I think I would have no discomfort had I simply been able to to spend the last three days in a steam room or some magically always hot shower.

It is advantageous that HP7 (the new Harry Potter book) comes out this weekend. I should have plenty of time to read. I am going to attempt some very easy cycling and running this weekend and the remainder of the time laying low and gathering my energy for next week.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Take care Comm's!!! And enjoy HP!

Iron Pol said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. At least you have a good new book to read, and it seems lots of people plan on holing up just to avoid any spoilers in the media.

My theory with Harry Potter has always been to see the movie THEN read the book. Mostly because I'd seen the first four movies before I bought any books.

So, I'm going to have to go like 4 years avoiding spoilers...