Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dodge, Duck and Dodge


The return of the Haboob. This was fairly big news last night here in the valley of the sun, but other than some grit in my teeth while sitting in my jacuzzi, all I saw was some high altitude electrical discharge. To bad.

Apparently some areas in the valley picked up some great rain but my area was cloudless. Funny how storms work. One part of town gets hammered, others nary a breeze.

A bad back has been putting a dent in my training. Its hard to run and sit on the bike. Hoping I can get past this soon. Its all due to vacation and the sitting in a car, walking around and then sleeping in strange beds.

7 comments:

Fumo Santo said...

Yeah, dry out here as well, and no haboob. I say today will be the day for the rain and storms I've been hoping for.

Wendy said...

Coooooool. Thanks for posting that Comm's!

I hope you're back on track ASAP!

21stCenturyMom said...

Haboob has to be one of the best words in the English language.

Don't hesitate to get a massage for that back issue. Those people are like miracle workers. Sometimes they are mean miracle workers but it does work.

Tony said...

It blew my tree down last night. Hope your back gets better soon.

Wendy said...

Hey -- your haboob just made one of our national newscasts! The video was very impressive.

Bigun said...

we had giant hail tonight - it was pretty cool. lots of rain - good for the new sod. That's some weird weather you guys get out there....queerbates!

LBTEPA said...

That was on the news here in Aus! I didn't realise you lived there! Crikey