Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Disneyland Day 2

Well another great day and really it was Mistress who stepped up big time. By the time we got to the park the Finding Nemo submarine ride was already a two hour wait. No thanks. So we went to Space Mountain which many consider the best ride in the park. Mo and I had a good time but Mistress, sitting alone in the back was crying her eyes out when we got done, goose bumps, sweat. A wreck. She was motherly enough to make sure Mo was good when we were done then with shaky legs went for sun and terra firma.

She dismissed the Matterhorn but Mo and I had a good time there and then we all went to watch the Jedi University skit when kids in the audience get to fight Darth Vader and Darth Maul. It was fun for Mo to watch and to my thankfulness he was not chosen to fight Vader. He and I fight with all types of swords at home and I was afraid he would either bull rush Vader or turn around and join the dark side since Lord Vader is his favorite character.

The second spot Mistress proved herself today was California Adventures. Mistress is terribly afraid of heights. In the National Park challenge area people walk around a rope bridge three stories over the ground. We did not really know this at the time. Mo and I each took her hand and we soothingly took her across the first bridge. Then she saw the second and cursed out loud in front of some kids. Then once across there was only three more bridges and she went across them all with Mo and I holding her hands the whole way.

There was a bouldering area for kids and Mo got to work his way across. I asked if I could do the harder route and went across that. I spent ten minutes trying to tie two routes together that staff said was impossible. I doubt it. They just haven't had the right person do it yet. The right shoes, a guy in good climbing shape and it will be done.
Mo Fu with lightsaber


Copping a squat at California Adbentures

2nd entry for Mo & Daddy annual photo

The Intrepid Age Grouper working a difficult route

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Mistress is a trouper! I'm sure the encouragement of her two best fellas was what got her through.

I'm so glad Mo enjoyed Space Mountain. It really is One of My Favorite Things.

I love the pics. Especially b/w photo #2. Even more than #1.

Brent Buckner said...

Yeah, b/w photo #2 is definitely wall-worthy.

Phoenix said...

Props to Mistress! And to you guys for helping her through!

I'm terrified of heights - and took my son on the largest ferris wheel in, I don't know, the world or something. I was so scared I wanted to hang onto him the whole time. He was fearless. And his response to my clinginess was "Mom, you're kind of embarrasing me." He was four.

Go, Mo for helpin' your mama. And go Mistress for puttin' it out there!!

Laurie said...

#2 is definitely better. You are both looking at the camera!

Wil said...

OH my gosh I can't believe how big he's gotten! So adorable :)

Papa Tweet said...

What is that? A sweaty animal on a rock? Oh wait, that's you. I guess even when an Ironman is on vacation, there's always time for a little sweatin'. As for the Mo and Daddy pic, I like it. It's a keeper. Have a good trip and tell Mistress hello from us.
Benny