Sunday, July 8, 2007

T-minus 1 vacation

My bag is packed and ready to go. Yes that is singular. I am actually surprised at how much I am actually bringing with me for a 6 day trip to Disneyland, SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo. I have packed less clothes for trips three times as long.

It got me to thinking about when I go to Las Vegas for just a weekend. I take tons of clothes because it seems I have to change multiple times a day for different shows, restaurants, workouts, gambling (day/night), clubs.

Then thinking about my hiking and fishing trips. Barely anything clothes wise since I'll just wear the same stuff day after day plus or minus storm clothes and base layers.

These family vacations are the worst it seems so I took all the stuff on my bed and split it in half. Most of my lower body stuff has built in liners so only one pair of traveling britches. Trust me a wash in the hotel sink (or river at night), let them dry and you'll only need one pair. My travel shirts (2) are are the same thing, plus a couple of tees (can't go on any trip without a 'Finishers' shirt). 2 pairs of running shorts, 8 pairs of technical socks, 3 pairs of shoes(?).

Man how did that happen? One pair of runners dedicated for the parks. One pair of trail runners for breaking in and one pair for running or working out. Plus I am taking flip flops. I feel like such a priss. Crap I am even going to this huge outlet mall east of Palm Springs and will probably find another pair of runner there too. I am a shoe whore I suppose.

Mistress and Mo are splitting up my big bag, a 9,200 cubic inch, three foot long, duffel bag on wheels. It came in great in Florida, packing everything I needed for a week at Panama City Beach including race and training gear plus my swag from the expo plus all the touristy stuff and had room to spare. If they have enough room left in it I will just drop my stuff in there and be for the better.

I will admit that I am taking my Go-Lite Speed adventure racing pack for the parks. I have a feeling that I will be lugging a few pounds of Mighty Mo's gear and some extras for Mistress so I am going prepared. If I can downsize packs I am taking my trusty ironman drawstring pack, since according to Nytro messenger bags slung over one shoulder are a murse.

Wow know you know what I wear and how I roll. Don't you feel smarter now?

9 comments:

Laurie said...

You wouldn't even want to see my suitcase when I travel. It is almost embarrassing how much schit I bring with me. Lets just say I always come home with clean clothes :)

Nytro said...

i was gonna say, you could totally fit all of that into your murse. i'm glad you realized that before i pointed it out. although, it did steal some thunder.

oh, and it's not just according to Nytro, it's according to THE. WORLD.

have fun on your vacay!!

21stCenturyMom said...

Sounds like a fun vacay and I say you might as well pack just enough for the murse because that's all you'll wear, anyhow. I pack everything and end up bringing it all home clean.

Sounds like every day will be adbenture day on this vacation.

Bigun said...

Britches? I'd have thought you'd just go commadore....

Wendy said...

Much smarter. ;-)

Have way too much fun!

P.S. It's good I wasn't drinking coffee when I read Bigun's comment.

Andy said...

I am right there with you, and my additional problem is that when I go camping or somewhere were lots of clothes are not necessarily needed, I bring lots of stuff anyways. I think next time I go on a trip that my primary bag (or only bag if it is a plain vanilla vacation) is going to be no bigger than duffel size, and that is going to be it!!! Hope you had a good weekend,

Murtha...

Brent Buckner said...

DDDIIISSSNNNEEEYYY!

Ooops, was that out loud?

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Have fun!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Enjoy the vaykay!

Stay tuned...