Thursday, July 26, 2007

Some more musings....

1. Personal note: I'm trying to get the crank moving on my training. I think we can all imagine our training as a bike crank and when we are in a peak block of training or very consistent the crank is spinning at a high cadence with a good stroke, road speed is high and heart rate low. The converse is also true when you're just getting started from the stop, the front wheel is wobbling, your looking down and up a few times trying to clip in your shoe and eventually your peddling slowly and not very efficiently trying to pick up speed. I'm trying hard right now to get through that intersection and in a good spot.

2. Who do you feel more compassion for, Lindsey Lohan or Brittany Spears? I know most of you don't care but I have point here. Lohan just got out of rehab for the second time this year and she obviously lied about recovery and returned to coke and booze and she had friends that enabled her up till her arrest. All the pundits are mentioning this and saying, "Why didn't a friend do something?" Now with Spears there is obviously a problem with this mother and yet the pundits in this case are saying, "Well I hope for the best and hope she gets help." Hello! Why does someone have to wait for her to really have a bad incident like Lohan before people start pointing fingers. Someone needs to take her down a peg. Punch that chick in the head, wait, no we can't hit women; grab her and shake the sh*t out of her. (Little Chris Rock humor there). In all seriousness, no one is telling her she is a trainwreck. I'll tell you what, just a phone call to Child Protective Services alleging such behavior would begin an investigation on any other person yet all her foibles are on video and in pictures and nothing, nothing is happening to arrest her fall.

3. I have not really followed the Tour de France this year but the overwhelming fallout of more banned drug use has finally started to punch through to the mainstream media. What I have not heard anyone talk about is Floyd Landis. While he is still due his day in court, (please hurry up) all this latest stuff is surely starting to test my belief of his innocence in the matter. If he truly is "The Only One" who has been striped of his title and booted and he is innocent, then so much the better for the sport, but man it looking like a long shot to me.

4. Sheriff Joe Arapaio, the toughest sheriff in the country, started a hotline in Phoenix to turn in illegal aliens, sort of a silent witness program. But now a county supervisor wants to start another hotline where, I guess, illegals can call and turn in people they think have turned them in. For what reason I do not know.

5. Oh, I want to be the first to thank President Bush for only paying $2.77 a gallon. Because, you know, he sets all those prices himself. Yup. Calls all the gas stations himself. Heard he actually changes the numbers at some places in Crawford, Texas. I figure since he personally gets all the grief for prices going up, I might as well thank him when they go down.

Ah cheer up folks, its a pretty good day.


4 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

I like your training analogy - it's perfect.

Brittany Spears mother was trying to do an intervention and Brittany spouted off to the press about how troubled her mother is and wanted to have her committed. I think both of those young women are suffering from an early entree into stardom which has left them both drug addicted. Very sad.

If I could find gas for $2.77 I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven. I'm buying a Prius, instead.

Flo said...

1) Keep at it, you'll find your groove.

2)I feel nothing for either Brittney or Lindsey. I do feel very, very sorry for Brittney's kids. Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

3)Ugh!! What a disaster!!!

4) Love that man!! Is he running for president?? Everyone else is.

5) I have seen Bush at my local station changing the prices. Thank god this war is all for oil :)

Clyde S. Dale said...

I heard Bush also started all of those wild fires out west. Or was it some other republican?

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Um, I actually don't believe we ever get the full and complete story on either of those two chickie-poos. I think the media has an agenda to report the exciting stuff, and that's what we get. Who knows what the facts are.

I admire neither of them personally.

Floyd is looking dirtier by the second.

$2.77 a gallon is only $75 a tankful on a hummer.